The aims of our Pre-school are:
To provide a safe, happy and stimulating environment in which children will be encouraged to learn through play. We promote all aspects of the children’s development using the Early Years Foundation Stage, which is divided into 4 themes:
Priory Pre-school’s policy, aims and objectives
- A Unique Child
- Positive Relationships
- Enabling Environments
- Learning and Development
- Using the Early Years Foundation Stage and Every Child Matters, gives us a firm base to provide and ensure that children develop with
confidence across the seven areas of learning, these being:
- Personal, Social and Emotional Development
- Communication and Language
- Physical Development
- Understanding the World
- Expressive Arts and Design
- To provide an environment that promotes and encourages independence, confidence, and positive attitudes to learning and positive
relationships with adults and peers.
- Meeting the needs of all children within an inclusive environment.
- Encourage children to be active in their learning and promote learning through play as this is how children learn in the Early Years.
- Practitioners to support children in their play both inside and outside.
- To observe the children in their play and use what they know about the children to plan appropriate play opportunities which will
promote further development.
All areas of learning will be given equal importance, and we will ensure information about our children is passed on to new settings/ school to aid a smooth transition and settling in process.
We will work in close partnership with parents as we believe that they are their children’s prime educators. We always keep parents up to date with their children’s progress.